The Hazard-Analysis and Preventive Controls Rule of the US Food and Drug Administration indicates only a qualified individual can appropriately manage a food safety preventive controls program. Does this apply to you?
If your facility is required to register with the FDA under section 415 of the Food, Drug, & Cosmetic Act, you must comply if your activities include manufacturing, processing, packing or holding human food.
Many activities required by law can only be conducted or overseen by a qualified individual. This is not the same as a HACCP-certified individual. This requires more to be in compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act Rules.
This 2.5 day course, developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance, uses the ONLY curriculum recognized by the FDA to meet requirements. Successful completion results in participants’ qualification as a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual, who can to design, implement and maintain the company Food Safety Plan. The course will be taught by a Lead Instructor for the FSPCA Preventative Controls for Human Food Course.
The curriculum will help you
- Follow step by step instructions on the development and application of risk-based preventive controls as defined by FDA
- Understand the hazard analysis process and practice creating a prevention-focused Food Safety Plan
- Determine how preventive controls relate to existing food safety programs
Training materials include
- a comprehensive manual with all slides,
- explanations of key terms and concepts,
- example model Food Safety Plans
- an exercise workbook with all sample forms
- and reference material to help you communicate requirements to your staff.
Day 1: 8:30am-5pm
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Course and Preventive Controls
- Chapter 2 Overview of a Food Safety Plan
- Chapter 3 Good Manufacturing Practices and Prerequisite Programs
- Chapter 4 Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chapter 5 Chemical, Physical and Economically Motivated Hazards
- Chapter 6 Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Chapter 7 Resources for Preparing Food Safety Plans
Day 2: 8:30am-5pm
- Chapter 8 Hazard Analysis and Preventive Control Determination
- Chapter 9 Process Preventive Controls
- Chapter 10 Allergen Preventive Controls
- Chapter 11 Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Chapter 12 Supplier Preventive Controls
Day 3: 8:30 am-noon
- Review Day 1 and 2
- Chapter 13 Verification and Validation Procedures
- Chapter 14 Record-keeping Procedures
- Chapter 15 Recall Plan
- Chapter 16 Regulation Overview – cGMP and Hazard Analysis and
Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food
Participants will receive their official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate issued by AFDO.