HCG Consulting Services
HCG provides international food safety consulting services to help ensure the safety of our food supply. When choosing a consultant, it is important to understand what we can do, and what we do not do.
Contact us directly for consulting services or questions around consulting.
HCG provides consulting services; we do not audit.
Consultants are not the same as auditors. To remain objective, auditors are limited in their function. They should not provide aid or offer specific solutions to food safety concerns. They often engage in one-way interviews with clients as they seek information but do not share ideas. Auditors measure the status of your food safety system. On the other hand, consultants can provide suggestions and opinions to improve your system. We offer aid and solutions to problems working with our clients as partners. We develop long-term relationships to promote your success. We do not conduct formal audits, but we can conduct gap assessments or practice audits as you prepare for auditor or inspector arrivals.
HCG adds value with every encounter; we do not fund a high overhead operation.
HCG brings you experienced, skilled, consultants without the added costs of overhead often added to your costs from larger consulting companies. Consulting companies that maintain corporate buildings, include that in your cost; we do not have those costs. HCG exists online while each HCG Consultant works from his or her own office. We focus on our clients and charge only for what adds value to your budget, not ours. We look for practical solutions to your needs. We challenge you to compare the cost and value of HCG compared to others.
HCG works with you to improve your system; we do not sell plans and programs or insist on a single method.
HCG Consultants work our clients to develop HACCP and Food Safety Plans as well as the many programs needed to support those plans. Each result is custom made to be practical and effective. We do not provide, produce, or sell “canned” programs. By working together, we help ensure you understand and can operate your own system with confidence. Our goal is to not to make you dependent on us. Our goal is to help make you more independent.
Since 1994, HCG has provided scientific and technical consulting services to the food industry. HCG has assisted countless domestic and foreign establishments in the development, implementation, and maintenance of their Food Safety or HACCP Plans to meet the regulatory requirements of USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as commercial third-party audit requirements.
HCG can help in any of the following areas:
- Develop, implement, and maintain Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) programs such as Safety Quality Foods (SQF) and British Retail Consortium (BRC) programs.
- Assist establishments in pathogen control ( e.g., Salmonella, Listeria, E.coli O157:H7, etc.).
- Assist establishments in responding to regulatory actions taken by FSIS (e.g., NRs, NOIEs, etc.) and FDA (e.g., Warning Letters, etc.).
- Help clients write or update HACCP and Food Safety Plans
- Assist new establishments meet FDA or FSIS, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Assist importers and their foreign suppliers comply with FDA’s Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP).
- Work with foreign governments and establishments to become eligible to export meat, poultry, egg products, and siluriformes to the U.S.
- Assist establishments develop, implement, and maintain programs that comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), Allergen Control, Recall Programs, and Food Defense Programs requirements.
- Conduct mock FSIS, Food Safety Assessment (FSA) and provide corrective action, where necessary.
- Provide scientific support and testimony in legal proceedings.
- Conduct Due Diligence, gap analyses for clients.
For further information please review the website links for additional details as well as the biographies of our professional consultants. Additional information can also be obtained for other consulting services by contacting us here or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org