HCG helps companies comply with commercial and regulatory requirements. This includes providing FDA Food Safety Preventive Controls Training. Our lead instructors explain this part of FSMA and offer practical advice on what to do next. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on upcoming trainings.
HCG is available to assist food establishments to develop and implement food safety programs or review the adequacy of existing food safety systems for compliance with regulatory authorities or global food safety standards. Food safety programs include HACCP Plans, SSOP systems, GMPs Pathogen Control Programs and Food Defense Programs.
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is a business driven effort toward the improvement and measurement of food suppliers’ abilities to deliver safe food to consumers and customers.
While many companies produce and deliver safe food, only those who have passed an accredited GFSI third party audit can provide the their buyers the expected objective evidence of this ability. Preparing for and gaining certification through a GFSI-accepted audit strengthens food safety systems and customer trust. That strength leads to increased marketing abilities and future profitability.
While there are several types of audits recognized by GFSI, the most common in the United States are the Safe Quality Food (SQF), British Retail Consortium (BRC) and Food Safety System Certification (FSSC 22000) audits.
With most retail customers demanding certification, it is important your company obtain and maintain GFSI status to remain competitive in a global market.
The HACCP Consulting Group has experience assisting companies achieve certification to these audits. We use a practical approach and encourage development of simple, effective management systems. We work with you to examine your strengths and weaknesses. We assist where you need us most, building upon your programs and experience. We can provide draft documents when needed but do not recommend ‘canned’ programs. It is best to develop your company within your culture to achieve a system you can manage and sustain.
At HCG, we are often asked, “How long will this take and what does it cost?” The fastest we have helped a company achieve certification was 3 months, but it can take over a year depending on the complexity of the company and the resources available. We match our pace to meet your needs. There is no set price or standardized implementation plan. We invoice for our time and services ensuring we add value with each encounter. We don’t just build a system to pass an audit. We strengthen your systems to ensure food safety, regulatory compliance and your ability to prove you do things right. Some of the tools we offer include:
HACCP and GFSI training for all levels of the organization
Internal Auditor training and assistance
Pre-audit practice assessments
While HCG can provide assistance in several GFSI accepted schemes, please take a moment to read more about the Safe Quality Food (SQF) system on our website. Because of the high demand in this area, HCG is an SQF Licensed Training Center offering consulting and training services for beginning and advanced SQF systems.
ELIGIBILITY TO EXPORT FOOD PRODUCTS TO THE UNITED STATES
(English and Spanish)
Need help exporting food to the United States?
Understanding and maintaining compliance with USDA, FSIS and FDA regulations will significantly expand the export markets for food products. HCG can help.
The HACCP Consulting Group (HCG) routinely assists government inspection agencies and industry establishments achieve and maintain eligibility to export food products to the United States. We provide training and consulting services leading to compliance with U.S. import and export requirements of the FDA and the USDA.
Countries which are eligible, or want to become eligible to export meat, poultry, egg products, and siluriformes (catfish) to the U.S. must comply with stringent USDA, FSIS regulatory requirements. HCG has assisted numerous countries comply with the FSIS equivalency requirements and they have subsequently come eligible to export to the U.S.
To export and import other foods, establishments in foreign countries must meet many regulations associated with the FDA, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
HCG professionals have experience assessing exporting countries’ food production inspection systems to determine and address gaps with the USDA, FSIS and FDA requirements. We help in the following areas:
- Inspection laws and regulations.
- Organizational structure.
- Government staffing and training of inspection personnel.
- Ability to take regulatory actions.
- Inspection oversight to verify compliance with USDA, FSIS and FDA regulations.
- National residue control program for animal drugs and pesticides.
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP).
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Humane slaughter reviews of country certified plants to ensure compliance with FSIS regulations.
- Preparation of the FSIS, Self Reporting Tool (SRT) to obtain equivalency to export.
- Preparation for a FSIS audit of an exporting country’s meat and poultry food safety system
- Conducting GAP analyses of country’s food safety system to identify needed areas of improvement.
- Provide detailed guidance on how to adopt and implement internationally accepted food safety standards.
- Assist with development of inspection and enforcement programs.
- Assist with the development of government oversight procedures of SSOP and HACCP plans.
- Provide assistance in developing a national residue control program.
- Provide assistance with developing and comprehensive microbiological testing program.
HCG professionals are accredited by the International HACCP Alliance as Lead Instructors to provide both Basic and Advanced HACCP Training and are also recognized by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance as Lead Instructors for FDA Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) training. We can provide training to government inspection officials and industry personnel on:
- U.S. model for inspection and enforcement.
- Accredited Basic and Advanced HACCP Training (English and Spanish) and Auditing.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) training.
- Food regulatory inspection training for verification of plant’s compliance with FSIS, Pathogen Reduction/HACCP and FDA regulations.
- The equivalence process used by FSIS to export.
- FDA’s Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) training.
- FDA’s Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) training.
- Customized services and training to meet the specific needs of the client.