ELIGIBILITY TO EXPORT FOOD PRODUCTS TO THE UNITED STATES
(English and Spanish)
The HACCP Consulting Group assists both government inspection agencies and industry establishments to achieve and/or maintain eligibility to export food products to the United States by providing a complete range of services to meet all U.S. requirements. Countries which are approved to export to the U.S. will meet import requirements of nearly all the WTO member countries and may significantly expand the export markets for their products.
The HACCP Consulting Group professionals will assess all or any part of an exporting country’s entire food production inspection system to determine areas of difference with the USDA, FSIS and FDA requirements.
These areas include:
- Inspection laws and regulations.
- Organizational structure.
- Government staffing and training of inspection personnel.
- Ability to take regulatory actions.
- Supervisory oversight.
- National residue control program for animal drugs and pesticides.
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP).
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Humane slaughter reviews of country certified plants to ensure compliance with FSIS regulations.
- Preparation of the FSIS, Self Reporting Tool (SRT).
- Preparation for a FSIS audit of an exporting country’s meat and poultry food safety system
ADOPTING CODEX FOOD SAFETY STANDARDS
HCG can also assist with the adoption of CODEX Food Safety standards. HCG can
- Provide detailed guidance on how to adopt and implement internationally accepted food safety standards.
- Assist with development of inspection and enforcement programs.
- Assist with the development of government oversight procedures of SSOP and HACCP plans.
- Provide assistance in developing a national residue control program.
- Provide assistance with developing a comprehensive microbiological testing program.
HACCP Consulting Group (HCG) professionals are accredited by the International HACCP Alliance as lead instructors and train-the-trainers to meet the intent of the FSIS and FDA training requirements. We can provide training to government inspection officials and industry personnel on:
- U.S. model for inspection and enforcement.
- Accredited Basic and Advanced HACCP Training (English and Spanish) and Auditing.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) training.
- Food regulatory inspection training for verification of plant’s compliance with FSIS, Pathogen Reduction/HACCP and FDA regulations.
- The equivalence process used by FSIS.
- Customized services and training to meet the specific needs of the client.