ELIGIBILITY TO EXPORT FOOD PRODUCTS TO THE UNITED STATES
(English and Spanish)
Need help exporting food to the United States?
Understanding and maintaining compliance with USDA, FSIS and FDA regulations will significantly expand the export markets for food products. HCG can help.
The HACCP Consulting Group (HCG) routinely assists government inspection agencies and industry establishments achieve and maintain eligibility to export food products to the United States. We provide training and consulting services leading to compliance with U.S. import and export requirements of the FDA and the USDA.
Countries which are eligible, or want to become eligible to export meat, poultry, egg products, and siluriformes (catfish) to the U.S. must comply with stringent USDA, FSIS regulatory requirements. HCG has assisted numerous countries comply with the FSIS equivalency requirements and they have subsequently come eligible to export to the U.S.
To export and import other foods, establishments in foreign countries must meet many regulations associated with the FDA, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
HCG professionals have experience assessing exporting countries’ food production inspection systems to determine and address gaps with the USDA, FSIS and FDA requirements. We help in the following areas:
- Inspection laws and regulations.
- Organizational structure.
- Government staffing and training of inspection personnel.
- Ability to take regulatory actions.
- Inspection oversight to verify compliance with USDA, FSIS and FDA regulations.
- National residue control program for animal drugs and pesticides.
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP).
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Humane slaughter reviews of country certified plants to ensure compliance with FSIS regulations.
- Preparation of the FSIS, Self Reporting Tool (SRT) to obtain equivalency to export.
- Preparation for a FSIS audit of an exporting country’s meat and poultry food safety system
- Conducting GAP analyses of country’s food safety system to identify needed areas of improvement.
- Provide detailed guidance on how to adopt and implement internationally accepted food safety standards.
- Assist with development of inspection and enforcement programs.
- Assist with the development of government oversight procedures of SSOP and HACCP plans.
- Provide assistance in developing a national residue control program.
- Provide assistance with developing and comprehensive microbiological testing program.
HCG professionals are accredited by the International HACCP Alliance as Lead Instructors to provide both Basic and Advanced HACCP Training and are also recognized by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance as Lead Instructors for FDA Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) training. We can provide training to government inspection officials and industry personnel on:
- U.S. model for inspection and enforcement.
- Accredited Basic and Advanced HACCP Training (English and Spanish) and Auditing.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) training.
- Food regulatory inspection training for verification of plant’s compliance with FSIS, Pathogen Reduction/HACCP and FDA regulations.
- The equivalence process used by FSIS to export.
- FDA’s Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) training.
- FDA’s Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) training.
- Customized services and training to meet the specific needs of the client.