HACCP PLAN DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION TRAINING
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a practical, systematic management tool designed to ensure food and product safety. It identifies critical areas of handling and demonstrates where resources should be targeted to reduce the risk of selling an unsafe product. Benefits of HACCP include:
- Confidence that food safety is being effectively managed in your operation
- Prevention planning rather than defect control to ensure product safety
- Significant improvement in the area of product quality
- Customer confidence in the safety of your products through documentation
This course is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance and meets Global Food Safety Initiative requirements.
Who Should Attend
This course is based on International CODEX Principles for HACCP and addresses U.S. HACCP requirements based on attendees’ specific needs. This course is appropriate for anyone looking to gain a working knowledge of HACCP, as well as those needing a food safety and regulatory update. Those interested may include:
- Quality Assurance managers
Food safety managers, auditors, and consultants
Food retailers, distributors, and processors
Day 1 (8 hours)
- HACCP History and Overview: This session begins with student and instructor introductions and a review of the workshop agenda and objectives. Students learn about the history of HACCP and its benefits. This session also includes a discussion about HACCP and Its relationship to Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Introduction to Microbiology: Introduction to Microbiology includes a discussion about food Illness and disease, as well as biological, chemical, and physical hazards.
- HACCP Principle 1 and Development Exercise. This session provides students with an introduction to HACCP Principle 1: Conduct a Hazard Analysis and the First 6 Steps to Developing a HACCP Plan. Students break into small groups to participate in an exercise – Development of Principle 1 – and report back to the larger group upon completion.
- HACCP Principles 2, 3, and 4: This session includes training on the following topics:
- HACCP Principle 2: Identify CCPs in the Process
- HACCP Principle 3: Identify Critical Limits
- HACCP Principle 4: Monitoring
Day 2 (8 hours)
- HACCP Principle 5 and Development Exercise: This session introduces HACCP Principle 5: Corrective Actions. Students participate in a small group exercise: Development of Principles 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- HACCP Principles 6 and 7: This session provides training on HACCP Principle 6: Verification and HACCP Principle 7: Record Keeping. Students participate in a breakout exercise and review.
- Implementing and Maintaining the HACCP Plan and System: Students learn the skills necessary to implement a HACCP Plan, including: monitoring, record-keeping, corrective action procedures, and additional activities. This session also includes training on maintaining an effective HACCP System through regularly scheduled verification activities.
- Review and Exam* This session begins with a review of HACCP, and students are given a course exam. It concludes with a review of the exam and a course evaluation.
*All students who complete the course will receive a certificate. Those who successfully pass the exam will have a certificate that bears the seal of the International HACCP Alliance.
Upcoming HACCP Training below. If you’re uncertain about your requirements or if you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us.
HCG has helped me personally and the companies I have worked for with several training topics and certifications. The knowledge of the trainers is second to none. I would recommend your group to any company starting a quality journey of any sort. Great Job over the last 25 years. Keep up the good work.
Edelweiss Enterprises Inc.
HCG has for years been a huge help in our efforts toward continual improvement in food quality.
Mr. Gioglio presented the materials well and provided examples and vital information from his professional experiences. He allowed ample time for the participants to ask questions, interject comments and offer opinions.
Cathy is a wonderful instructor who did a great job at training our entire team with HACCP and PCQI. She went straight to the important points and kept us focused with her energy, knowledge and humor!
MillPress Imports LLC
I thought this was very well done. I've done several HACCP and SQF training courses that just put you to sleep. This was informative and entertaining.
HACCP/ SQF Student
Thank you for your support. My employees were impressed with their trainer, Robert. They truly feel they have a better understanding of HACCP and feel more confident as to how to address many different situations and issues that may arise during their day-to-day operations. I appreciate all that HACCP Consulting Group has done to support us.
HACCP Training Client