Upcoming scheduled events include:
- November 16-17, 2021 – Virtual Course – Register at EAGLE Certification Group
- December 9-10, 2021- Spanish – Virtual Course
To request a training date not listed, please contact us here!
HACCP Plan Development and Implementation Training
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a practical, systematic management tool designed to ensure food and product safety. It identifies critical areas of handling and demonstrates where resources should be targeted to reduce the risk of selling an unsafe product. Benefits of HACCP include:
- Confidence that food safety is being effectively managed in your operation
- Prevention planning rather than defect control to ensure product safety
- Significant improvement in the area of product quality
- Customer confidence in the safety of your products through documentation
This course is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance and meets Global Food Safety Initiative requirements.
Who Should Attend
This course is based on International CODEX Principles for HACCP and addresses U.S. HACCP requirements based on attendees’ specific needs. This course is appropriate for anyone looking to gain a working knowledge of HACCP, as well as those needing a food safety and regulatory update. Those interested may include:
- Quality Assurance managers
- Food safety managers, auditors, and consultants
- Production supervisors
- Food retailers, distributors, and processors
Day 1 (8 hours)
- HACCP History and Overview
This session begins with student and instructor introductions and a review of the workshop agenda and objectives. Students learn about the history of HACCP and its benefits. This session also includes a discussion about HACCP and Its relationship to Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Introduction to Microbiology
Introduction to Microbiology includes a discussion about food Illness and disease, as well as biological, chemical, and physical hazards.
- HACCP Principle 1 and Development Exercise
This session provides students with an introduction to HACCP Principle 1: Conduct a Hazard Analysis and the First 6 Steps to Developing a HACCP Plan. Students break into small groups to participate in an exercise – Development of Principle 1 – and report back to the larger group upon completion.
- HACCP Principles 2, 3, and 4
This session includes training on the following topics:
HACCP Principle 2: Identify CCPs in the Process
HACCP Principle 3: Identify Critical Limits
HACCP Principle 4: Monitoring
Day 2 (8 hours)
- HACCP Principle 5 and Development Exercise
This session introduces HACCP Principle 5: Corrective Actions. Students participate in a small group exercise: Development of Principles 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- HACCP Principles 6 and 7
This session provides training on HACCP Principle 6: Verification and HACCP Principle 7: Record Keeping. Students participate in a breakout exercise and review.
- Implementing and Maintaining the HACCP Plan and System
Students learn the skills necessary to implement a HACCP Plan, including: monitoring, record-keeping, corrective action procedures, and additional activities. This session also includes training on maintaining an effective HACCP System through regularly scheduled verification activities.
- Review and Exam*
This session begins with a review of HACCP, and students are given a course exam. It concludes with a review of the exam and a course evaluation.
*All students who complete the course will receive a certificate. Those who successfully pass the exam will have a certificate that bears the seal of the International HACCP Alliance.